Friday, August 22, 2014

2014 FALL RETREAT - CELEBRATING MY 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF RETREATS!

I can't believe that I'm getting ready to celebrate 10 years of offering scrapbooking retreats!  This year we will once again be returning to Epworth Forest in North Webster, IN.

Payment options have changed this year.  I will only be accepting Paypal (available by clicking to the right!). This will ease my accounting issues (meaning I won't have to go to the bank that is 600 miles away!) and prevent me from losing checks.  If you cannot use Paypal please contact me and we can work something out!

RETREAT DATES:  NOVEMBER 7, 8 & 9, 2014

CAMP INFO
We will be staying in Freeland House which is a hotel style facility.  There will be private rooms with either a queen size bed or 2 twin beds.  16 of the rooms have twin beds and 8 of the rooms have a queen size bed.  I will be filling the rooms on a first come/first serve basis.  Just let me know your room-mates name and if you would like a queen or twin beds.   Each room has a private bathroom with linen and towels included.  Four of the rooms are handicap accessible on the first floor.   There is also a beautiful lobby/lounge area on each floor completely with couches, fireplace and beautiful views of the lake.


Our scrapbooking and dining hall are located in the basement/lower level of Freeland House.  I believe there were 12-15 steps to get down to the lower level.  There is a parking lot behind the building that has drive-up access to our scrapbooking room.  So you will be able to easily unload/load your scrapbooking supplies without using the stairs.  There are windows on three walls of the scrapbooking room but the majority of our light will be from overhead lighting.   I believe we can get 32 tables into this room for scrapbooking.  I can fit another 6-8 tables in the lobby/lounge area as over-flow seating.  That means I'm going to have to limit this retreat to the first 40 guests.



The dining hall is also located in the lower level.  We will have 24/3 (since we are only there for 3 days!) access to all the fountain pop and coffee that you can drink.  Meals are served buffet style and after talking with the chef they sounded pretty nice.  Certainly not typical camp food!  He can accommodate food allergies such as gluten-free and dairy free.  If you have a special diet please notify me and I'll speak with him and come up with a plan.


The entire House was clean, the staff is nice and easy to work with and they are well organized!

RETREAT FEES
This years retreat registration will provide:
1 6ft scrapbooking table and comfy chair
Private room with linens--room shared with a friend (leave your sleeping bags at home!)
Private bathroom with towels
(Completely private rooms based on availability)
3 meals--Saturday breakfast, Saturday supper, Sunday brunch--which is huge!
Prize drawings
Unlimited fountain pop and coffee/tea/hot chocolate/water

All this is included for $144 per person based upon double occupancy!

FOOD POLICY
The camp has some strict rules about bringing food into the building.  We are allowed to bring snacks but there is only a small refrigerator available.  If you want to bring a crock-pot they require that it only be turned on for 4 hours and it must have a thermometer in the food during those 4 hours.  AND I can only allow 2 crock-pots for our entire group.   But aside from those rules we will be able to have our traditional snack table and  feast all weekend long.  (I think coolers would be fine and it will probably be cold enough in your car to keep cheese and fruit/veggies cold)  To keep costs down everyone will be on their own for Friday night supper.  There are several restaurants in the town, including Subway, local pizza and other local diners plus a grocery store.  I think those options are cheaper than what the camp wants to charge us for supper.

TIME
We can get into Freeland House on Friday the 7th at 2:00 pm.  The retreat will end on the 9th at 2:00 pm. Registration for Early-bird pricing will be open until September 25, 2014.  After September 25th please add a $10 late fee.

CANCELLATION POLICY:  Retreat fees will be refunded in full, minus a $25 deposit fee, until October 14, 2014. Registrations cancelled after October 14th will not be reimbursed. If you have a family emergency or become ill the weekend of the retreat please contact me immediately.  I cannot forward deposit fees to future retreats.

PAYMENT METHOD
I now offer credit card payments through Paypal!  Doesn't get any easier than that.  Just click the payment option on the right and you are all set.  You will only be able to pay in full with a credit card.  No deposits will be accepted by credit card.  This year I am requesting that everyone pay with the Paypal option.  For my record keeping purposes it is SO much easier to just accept credit payments.  IF you are completely opposed to using this service please contact me and we can work something out!

MAILING
I will be mailing out postcard reminders again this summer.  Feel free to pass the information along to friends and family.  I also have a Facebook Group list which gives you quick access to information.  (Retreat Lady Scrapbooking Retreats.)

PRODUCTS
I will have Close To My Heart products available for purchase at the retreat.  During the month of  September I will offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders.  Just contact me with your list and I'll have your scrapbooking supplies ready at the retreat!

LOCATION
Epworth Forest
8580 E. Wesley Ln
North Webster, IN 46555

45 minutes west of Ft Wayne and 1 hr 15 minutes from South Bend
Camp has wireless internet and cell phone coverage

No comments:

Post a Comment